Welcome to the
Evergreen School of Ballet Chapter of the
National Honor Society for Dance Arts
The National Honor Society for Dance Arts (NHSDA) mission is to recognize outstanding artistic merit, leadership, and academic achievement in students studying dance in public and private schools in K-12 education, dance studios, cultural/community centers, performing arts organizations, and post-secondary education. Additionally, it is to foster an appreciation for dance as a true art form and one worthy of recognition and prestige.
Membership in NHSDA is open to all ESB students in Grades 6-12 who demonstrate:
- Academic excellence by achieving a 3.5 GPA (Unweighted 4.0 scale).
- Excellent demeanor and professionalism in and out of dance class.
- Adherence to the ESB dress code.
- Setting a superb example for other dancers and being helpful to fellow dancers.
- Receive a written recommendation from at least one academic teacher and one dance teacher, other than Mrs. Marshall.
- Receive a written recommendation from at least one parent/guardian attesting to good behavior and citizenship.
- Documented service to their school, community, or dance school.
- Submit Time Sheet verifying participation in dance activities.
- Discuss your eligibility for induction with Mrs. Gabe or Mr. Tom first, submit Time Sheet, then click here.
Recognition of their artistic merit, academic achievement, and leadership throughout their educational experience (Junior High – Collegiate).
Certificates at each level of induction, opportunity to receive the gold Honor Pin and wear the blue and white Honor Cord and/or Medallion at graduation.
Mentorship from Chapter Sponsor and networking with peers.
Leadership and development opportunities within the ESB NHSDA Chapter, as they can assist the Chapter Sponsor with Chapter administration, record keeping, fundraising, and event planning.
The ESB chapter of NHSDA will have a student Executive Council consisting of at least three and no more than five members, with at least one from Grade 6-8. The Executive Council will recommend, plan, and execute initiatives to further the art of dance. Mrs. Marshall will be the Faculty Advisor.
The National Dance Education Organization (NDEO) offers many scholarships to NHSDA Inductees. Click here for more information.
The Colorado Dance Education Organization offers events, scholarships, and an All-State Dance Ensemble to NHSDA inductees. Click here for more information.